Hey RiverTime RV enthusiasts! As the winter chill sets in, it’s time to ensure your home on wheels is ready to face the cold months ahead. Here’s your guide to winterizing your RV.
- Check the Plumbing:
- Drain and flush your water tanks.
- Use non-toxic RV antifreeze to protect your plumbing system.
- Don’t forget to drain the water heater and bypass it.
- Insulate and Seal:
- Insulate exposed pipes with foam pipe insulation.
- Seal any gaps or cracks in windows and doors to keep the cold air out.
- Winterize Appliances:
- Clean and defrost the refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open to prevent mold.
- Remove any perishable items from cabinets to avoid freezing or spoiling.
- Propane System:
- Check for leaks in the propane system.
- Consider using a propane tank blanket for insulation.
- Battery Care:
- Remove the battery and store it in a cool, dry place.
- If you’re leaving it in the RV, disconnect it to prevent parasitic draws.
- Tire Maintenance:
- Inflate tires to the recommended pressure.
- Consider using tire covers to protect against UV rays and cold temperatures.
- Exterior Prep:
- Clean and wax the exterior to protect against winter elements.
- Cover your RV or invest in a quality RV cover for added protection.
Remember, winterizing your RV is not only about protecting your investment but also ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay next season at RiverTime RV. So, gear up for a winter wonderland experience and make the most of your time off the road. Future you will thank you for it!
For more information about winterizing your RV, visit the manufacturer’s website of your rig, or take a look at this info from Jayco.